July is Independent Retailer Month. It’s the time to support our local shops, which in turn puts MORE money back into the community. Big Box and chain stores have abundant buying power and can often offer you the lowest price, but there are many things they can NOT give you.
- Local goods are unique to the area.
- Food is fresher due to a shorter delivery time.
- Products locally made and sold leave a smaller carbon footprint.
- Taxes paid by local merchants are re-invested back into the community.
- Princeton entrepreneurs have a vision, and it’s great to support their dreams.
- You’re often assisted by the owner, who makes the decisions, not a corporate office.
- Shopping local keeps the great mix of shops we have in town thriving, and makes Princeton a more desirable town to live in.
- Shopping in a natural suburban environment, with sidewalk cafés, several independent shops, trees (especially in spring and fall), and occasional live music are examples of how Princeton creates a unique shopping experience compared to a cookie cutter mall atmosphere.