Finding a unique Father’s Day gift that he’ll like can be exhausting. Often the best gift is spending time with your father, and doing something with him that he loves, even if you don’t. Riding your bikes together, going to a game, fishing, or visiting a museum can make dad the happiest guy on the planet. However, it’s nice to buy him something tangible if you can. I have compiled a list of 15 gift ideas to give dad on Father’s Day, and most can be found locally.
- Public – You can find the Six|Pix here, which is their monthly hand-picked six-pack beer sampler. Need I say more?
- Small World Coffee – Offer him a three, six, or 12 month coffee club membership. Choose a bean or blend, how you’d like it ground or whole bean, and how often to be delivered.
- Margaritaville Mixed Drink Maker – This table top drink maker has a tank for liquor of your choice, and three more tanks for mixers. Turn the dial to select a combination based on the liquor for up to 48 different cocktails. Hit the Feel Lucky button for a random drink. You can even choose to add an extra ounce of liquor, or make frozen drinks. Can be purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Old School Gifts
- Metro Male Barbering II – Shave and a haircut…shampoo! Get the Diamond Package to pamper dad. It includes a wash and cut, aromatherapy hot towel, neck and face shave, spa “man”icure and shoulder massage.
- Princeton Record Exchange – Pick up some jazz, rock, or pop on wax for dear ol’ dad. A turntable required for this one.
- The Exceptional Artisan – Pick up an individually crafted pen by a Mercer County business. Each writing instrument is unique. Most are made from wood, but some are acrylic.
- Control4 – Amazing home automation! Having a smart home is a step into the world of The Jetson’s or Star Trek. They can automate your home so dad can start a movie in your home theater with the tap of a button or two, which can include sound system, lighting, lowering shades, and more. You can also set the mood for a party, check to see if all doors are locked and lights are off while away, and unlock a door for a neighbor to walk your dog for starters.
- Nest Thermostat – If you just want to control your home temperature and not the electronics of the entire house (like above), this smart thermostat learns how to save you money. What dad doesn’t like that? You can find it at Apple stores.
- AT&T Connect to Cell – Pair up to four cell phones to the base allowing you to answer calls from your cell with your landline and vice versa. You can also use a Bluetooth headset on the landline.
Jersey Destination Gifts
- Weekend in Atlantic City – Gaming, dining, and entertainment… it’s all there for your favorite guy. These are self-contained megaresorts, so you don’t even have to leave their property to have a good time. Caesar’s is centrally located at the end of the Atlantic City Expressway (I recommend the newer Centurion Tower), Revel is the newest kid on the block with great views, Borgata is the largest and top grossing casino in AC, and Harrah’s is harbor-side near the Borgata and has a lot to offer.
- Crystal Springs Resort – This is the place to take Father Dear to for a weekend of golf and relaxation.
- Laurita’s Winery – If dad is a wine lover, send him here for a Napa Valley experience in Egypt, NJ. Overnight at the Inn of Laurita Winery.
- Mach 5 Cars – They offer an exotic and luxury car tour. He’ll get to drive up to seven cars, including a Lambo, Ferrari, Lotus, and Bentley, on scenic roads in Yardsville.
- SkyDive Jersey – Check this off his bucket list. The tandem skydive jump includes a scenic flight, a 120 mph free fall lasting 40 seconds, and about a 6 minute parachute ride. All instructors are certified
- Flight School – Give the gift of an introductory flight lesson for the adventurous type. Leaving from Princeton Airport.
For more Father’s Day gift ideas, check out last year’s post here.