I was discussing with someone where I got engaged, married and spent my honeymoon. Then I was asked where I spent my babymoon. With my first child, we went to Italy for a week, and with the second it was just a weekend in good ol’ New York City. I wasn’t in the mood to travel far, so had my visiting mother watch my son at home and off we went for a weekend of alone time. That made me think. If couples didn’t want to go far, could they babymoon in Princeton? Why not? Princeton can’t be compared with Italy or New York, but if you live in the New York or Philadelphia tri-state areas, and need an escape from your routine, it can offer a wonderful and economical getaway.
The main purpose of a babymoon, like a honeymoon, is to connect as a couple. This will be the last vacation you will spend together before your lives change, if it’s your first baby. And if you already have a child or a tribe, and you can get someone to watch them, it’ll be a much needed break. Either way, it’s also a time to pamper the expectant mother and pick up cute items for the baby. A great location provides spas, shopping, and romantic dining. Princeton, NJ can offer all of the above, plus more!
HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, AND THINGS TO DO
See Plan a Romantic Weekend in Princeton for details. The Nassau Inn has a Babymoon Package, Chauncey has a Romance Package, and The Westin has Romance Offers. Princeton has a wonderful variety of hotels, inns and B&Bs, romantic and international restaurants, and plenty to do in this historic town.
A happy wife is a happy life. ~ Gavin Rossdale
SPA AND WELLNESS
- Prenatal massage – A perfect way to release tension in the lower back. Metropolis will allow this as part of a couples massage, but call ahead to ask. Metropolis Spa Salon, Amber Spa, Marriott Princeton Hotel & Spa at Forrestal
- Facial – Vallerie European Spa and Holistic Health Spa, Onsen for All
- Spa manicure and pedicure – LaJolie Salon & Spa
- Reflexology – Reduce strain by applying pressure on reflex areas. Marriott Princeton Hotel & Spa at Forrestal, Volition Wellness Solutions
- Reiki – Restore natural balance, promote sleep, and stimulate feelings of love, peace, and harmony while relieving stress. Volition Wellness Solutions, Onsen for All, Marriott Princeton Hotel & Spa at Forrestal
- Pre-natal Yoga – Can help you with breathing and body awareness during birth. Princeton Center for Yoga and Health
- Meditation – Helps reduce anxiety during pregnancy and childbirth. Marriott Princeton Hotel & Spa at Forrestal, Princeton Center for Yoga and Health
Here are some shops offering layettes, items for the nursery, and clothing for mothers-to-be.
Princeton Shopping Center – Incredible Me
Nassau Pavilion – Babies R Us
The Market Place – Children’s Place Outlet