Did I just hear Pomp and Circumstances in the distance? After four grueling years of studying and exams, it’s time for the next chapter in the lives of high school seniors. Of course, this calls for a token to symbolize how proud you are of them. I’m here to the rescue with some practical, fun and unique gift ideas for both male and female high school graduates in the Princeton area. Congrats to all!
- NikeiD – Customized Nikes for the guy who likes ‘pimping his kicks’. He can choose colors, outsole for playing surface, add name… you get the picture.
- Best Buy – Dr Dre Beats Headphones have some serious bass, and are compatible with smart phones, laptops, sound systems, etc.
- Decked – Since they can bring a car with them the first year, at least they can have a new set of wheels. For skateboard gear, clothing and repairs.
- Hamilton Jewelers – It’s time for him to step up to a nicer timepiece. Perhaps a Tag Heuer or Swiss Army watch are in order. They’ll help you decide.
- Business Suit – Ralph Lauren, Nick Hilton or the nearest department store will have him dressing for success whether he’s invited to semi-formals or going out on internship interviews.
- Onsen for All – Give her the gift of relaxation and help her de-stress. Yoga, meditation, massage, simulation hot spring soak and more.
- Little Black Dress – This is a staple for any young woman’s wardrobe. Browse through Ralph Lauren, Ann Taylor, Rosana, Zoë, Rouge, Ma Chérie Boutique, and Niko Niko.
- The Papery – In the age of texting, old school letter writing helps preserve the etiquette of yesteryear. Engraved stationery will help her keep up this tradition.
- Pearls – Every young lady should have this classic piece of jewelry. Check out Forest Jewelers or Hamilton Jewelers.
- Hamilton Jewelers – A charm bracelet is a little more whimsical than pearls and revels a bit of her personality.
- DesignYourDorm – Give them carte blanche when it comes to decorating their dorm room. They can design it with their roommate before moving in and have everything delivered directly to the dorm.
- Stocks – Giving this is a great way for your teen to really learn about finance.
- Droid X2 – The Android platform has the largest market share, and works better with non-Apple products than an iPhone. Get this at ZCom Wireless/InTouch Concepts.
- Caricature – What a fun gift that can be hung in the dorm room.
- New York Camera of Princeton – The Fuji JX200 camera has HD video. They can record their new environment and upload it to YouTube for you to view!
- Best Buy – An Apple Macbook, laptop or notebook is a must in college.
- College Survival Kit – This is a collection of 15 unisex must-haves for a college student.
- Mrs. G’s – A flat screen TV is a great gift. They have a large selection of LCD, LED, and Plasma TVs.
- Bliss Travels – A trip to France this summer will put those French classes to good use, and they’ll get a quick dose of cultural immersion.