Sometimes girlfriends just want to break their routines and escape their responsibilities. A getaway can be just what the doctor ordered for women under daily stress, whether it be a weekend at a spa resort or an overnight in a budget hotel. Below are a few road trip girlfriend getaway ideas for every wallet.
- Poconos Overnight – Comfort Inn & Suites Mt. Pocono offers complimentary breakfast, an indoor pool and hot tub, and a gym. Skiing, canoeing, antiquing at Peddler’s Village, and gambling and entertainment at Mount Airy Casino are some of the highlights.
- Philly Overnight – Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City gives you a free hot breakfast to start your day. Use a museum pass from the Princeton Public Library to visit the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Shopping, spas, bars and entertainment are abundant in Philly.
- NYC Overnight – Fairfield Inn and Suites Chelsea NYC offers complimentary breakfast In New York City! They also have a fitness center. Use a museum pass from the Princeton Public Library to visit the Guggenheim Museum. Enjoy the city that never sleeps.
- Wine Tour – Overnight at the Quality Inn McGuire AFB. Visit Cream Ridge Winery. They give tours most weekends and shop at the Jackson Premium Outlets mall.
- Staycation Wine Tour – Overnight at the Chauncey Center and visit the Hopewell Valley Winery, which offers wine and music every Friday night. Go to Amber Spa for a manicure.
- Spa & Wellness Staycation – Stay at the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal and allow yourself to be pampered at their spa. Have dinner at nearby the Tre Piani restaurant.
- Antiquing – Rent a U-haul, drive to the Longwood Country Inn where you’ll stay overnight, then shop at the antique shops in Woodbury, CT.
- Weekend Wine Tour – Stay at the Kennett House B & B in PA and tour six wineries.
- The Jersey Shore – Stay at the Queen Victoria B & B in Cape May. Go to the beach, ask about their in-room massage and spa discounts. They even offer a Jersey Shore Lodging Girlfriend Getaway package.
- Weekend Cruise – One or two-day cruises out of New York with NCL. Very limited dates starting again in 2012. Entertainment, casino, fine dining, fitness, spa treatments…
- Culinary Getaway – Stay at Le Petit Chateau Inn, which offers cooking classes from chefs who have graduated from the Culinary Institute of America.
- Shopping Spree in NYC – Stay at the Plaza Hotel, shop on 5th Avenue, 57th Street, and Madison Avenue, and perhaps a ride over to Bloomingdales, spa at Elizabeth Arden or The Plaza, and take in a broadway show.
- Spa & Wellness Weekend – The Lodge at Woodloch for yoga, meditation, pilates, kickboxing, bootcamp, spa treatments…
- Spa & Wellness Weekend – The Spa at the Hershey Hotel for chocolate spa treatments, jacuzzi lounging, personal trainers, yoga, etc.
- Culinary Boot Camp – Culinary Institute of America offers a cooking vacation. Stay at Le Petit Chateau Inn.
- Spa & Wellness Weekend – Stay at the Crystal Springs Spa Resort, which offers pools, fitness, yoga, golf, spa treatments, and more.
- Foodie Weekend – Stay at The Rittenhouse, have a massage before dinner at Rescue Rittenhouse Spa, then at dine at LaCroix. Wake up, have breakfast at Cafe Lift, lunch at XIX (Nineteen), and dinner at Bistrot La Minette, Sunday brunch at Cafe Estelle before the ride back home. Of course, there’s plenty of time for shopping and spa treatments in between all of those meals!
- All-Inclusive Spa, Fitness & Wellness – The Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires offers healthy meals, spa, fitness, wellness, workshops & demos, classes, a weight loss program and more. Mentioned in the video above.